One of my favorite smells in the wide world…. roasted green peppers at the farmers market in the fall.
I pick up a bag almost every week. (Along with a hot cup of coffee.)
And my favorite thing to do with them… make green chili. Really really easy green chili.
This one is a little easier and a little less time consuming than the one I made several years ago.
I only eat it in the fall, that way I crave it every year.
And did I mention how easy it was?
•••GREEN CHILI RECIPE••••
- Chop up one onion and 5 or 6 cloves of garlic.
- Sautee with one stick of butter (the real stuff).
- Add a couple large spoonfuls of flour to make a rogue.
- THEN… add two cups of water.
- 3 bullion cubes
- and 1 bag full of cleaned, seeded and chopped roasted green pepper (10-12)
- Bring to a boil and let thicken.
- Add a couple teaspoons of cumin and salt and pepper to taste
It’s amazing and easy and I love it. And I eat it alllllllll the time. So does my pre-teen kiddo. And that’s saying something!
(You can add pork to this recipe if you want or need. I just happen to like it without!)